Martin Dodd to join Sony Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hit Sheet Messageboard » News and views » Martin Dodd to join Sony « Previous Next »

Hit Sheet (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostView Post/Check IP   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MARTIN DODD APPOINTED SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT,
WORLDWIDE A&R, SONY MUSIC INTERNATIONAL

Martin Dodd has been appointed Senior vice President, Worldwide A&R, Sony Music International, it was announced today by Rick Dobbis, President, Sony Music International (SMI),. to whom Mr. Dodd reports. Mr. Dodd will be based both at SMI world headquarters in New York and at SMI European headquarters in London, England.

Mr. Dodd will be working with SMI subsidiaries and labels throughout the world to discover, sign and creatively develop artists, locally and
internationally, for Sony Music labels. He will also work closely with established Sony Music artists to help take them to new thresholds of
success.

"I have known Martin and admired his creativity for many years" remarked Rick Dobbis, "so it is very exciting to have him join our team. His
remarkable track record over the past 15 years speaks for itself, and I know he will greatly benefit our artists with his ability to highlight
their individual talents and showcase their artistry."

From September, 2002 through January, 2004 Mr. Dodd devised and developed the television formats 'Fame Academy' / 'Star Academy' and 'Operation Triumfo' in a joint venture with Endemol TV/ BMG and Clear Channel,simultaneously working as a consultant for Jive Records in New York A&Ring Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys recordings.

"I've had a long-standing respect and admiration for Rick Dobbis from his days at PolyGram in Europe," commented Dodd, "and when he presented me the opportunity for us to work together, it was the right time and the right
company. The chance to work with Sony Music's roster fulfils one of my great ambitions, and I am eager to get into the studios and start creating classic records with many of the world's greatest artists."

From August, 1992 to September, 2002, Mr. Dodd served as Senior Vice President, A&R for Zomba Europe, where he provided his A&R expertise to the company's U.S. pop roster, which included Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears,and N'Sync in addition to establishing and overseeing Zomba A&R departments across Europe, where he signed and licensed such European artists as Faithless, Kosheen, and Haddaway for the company. He also set up andoversaw the Cheiron Production Facility in Stockholm as a joint venture with Zomba and producers Dennis Pop/ Max Martin, producing such artists as Bon Jovi, Celine Dion, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Westlife, 5ive,
N'Sync, and Ace Of Base, among several others.

From August, 1985 to August, 1992 Mr. Dodd was based in Copenhagen, where he set up an independent record label, Mega Records, and launched its regional offices in Stockholm, Oslow, Helsinki, Paris and Hilversum.
During his tenure there he was responsible for signing such artists as Ace of Base, Falco, and Modern Talking, and licensing artists as diverse as Mel & Kim, Technotronic, Shamen, Sugarcubes, Celine Dion, and The KLF.

In January, 1978 Mr. Dodd moved to England from his native Denmark and attended Hadleigh Comprehensive High School for O' Levels and Sudbury Grammar School for A' Levels prior to returning to Copenhagen in 1985.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: